Sports and PE
We are part of the Carre's Grammar School Sports Partnership.
Sport plays a large part in our school. Despite our smaller size we may up for this in giving the opportunity to as many children as possible taking part in intra-school (within our school) and inter-school (with other schools) competitions and festivals
We also pride ourselves in offering swimming to children in Key Stage 2.
Every student shall be physically educated - that is, shall develop the knowledge and skills necessary to perform a variety of physical activities, maintain physical fitness, regularly participate in physical activity, understand the short and long-term benefits of physical activity, and value and enjoy physical activity as an ongoing part of a healthy lifestyle.
What is the Sports Premium?
The Government provides funding support new, substantial primary school sport funding’. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- new or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs.
How will we be spending the Sports Funding and who will benefit?
The Academy Committee agree that the money must be used so that: all children benefit regardless of sporting ability; that the most able children are given the opportunity to compete in advanced tournaments; that staff have access to training opportunities and continued professional development.
Please use the link below to download the Sport Premium document.