OfSTED and SIAMS Inspections
WE ARE A GOOD SCHOOL
WE ARE AN OUTSTANDING CHURCH SCHOOL
SIAMS INSPECTION 2016
We are delighted to attach a copy of our latest Ofsted report following our visit by OfSTED in March 2019.
The school is very proud to maintain our grading of ‘Good’ which demonstrates the progress of the school under a tougher inspection framework.
A very comprehensive report of the recent visit by Heather Hawkes, Ofsted Inspector. Mrs Hawkes spent a very rigorous and concentrated day in our school visiting lessons, reviewing information about the school and talking to children, staff, governors and parents.
This further affirms our ‘Outstanding’ Section 48 Church Schools inspection which took place in 2016.
It clearly identifies the central role that the children play in our school and how their behaviour and attitude towards school is central to our ethos, vision and atmosphere.
- (The school provides) a stimulating environment within a Christian ethos where pupils can become confident learners.
- (The school has a) commitment to improving learning opportunities so that pupils can achieve their very best.
- …the quality of education continues to improve.
- Pupils told me that this is a friendly school where everyone feels welcomed. They enjoy their learning. Pupils told me that ‘they learn in a fun way’ and that ‘teachers are really good at helping you learn things in different ways.
- (Pupils) try hard, cooperate well with each other and are keen to do well. Their behaviour reflects the values that the school actively seeks to promote.
- Parents and carers value the school’s caring ethos. They feel that their children are taught well and that children are ‘challenged and well looked after’.
- Members of the governing body know the school well and with the support of the academy trust, provide (the school) with appropriate challenge and support…they demonstrate a strong commitment to improving the school further.
The inspector highlighted the excellent care and provision in our on-site nursery for 2,3 and 4 year olds. We are now accepting admissions for September for 15 and 30 hour childcare. Please contact the school for more details.