Summer 2020 Information
This page contains information to help families over the Summer. If you have any questions please email the school email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We know that this has been a difficult year and many families will be looking to just spend time together as a family over the summer. However, helping your family get ready for the new school year will support your children and the school in September.
Hot School Meals:
The deadline for the first week will be Sunday 23rd August.
Website address: www.schoolmealsonline.co.uk
(Please note that you must have an active account. If your child is eligible for Free School Meals or is in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 these meals will continue to be free of charge. Those children transferring from Year 2 to Year 3 will be able to pay £2.30 per day unless eligible for FSM)
Please can I ask that you prepare children to attend school with only the following items:
- A named coat with a loop so it can be hung up.
- For packed lunches a named wipeable lunch box which can be removed from the child’s bag.
- A drawstring bag for PE kits.
- Rucksacks or large bags will not be allowed in September.
- PE kits will only be needed on specific days and must come into school only on these days.
- Class teachers will tell you which days of the week when we return in September.
- They will not be needed on Thursday/Friday of the first week.
- A named water bottle (children will be provided with a new water bottle at the beginning of term) this will need to be cleaned every night and filled with water as we are unable to use our water fountains in school.
Below is a list of summer holiday activities from the teachers and resources that you might find helpful.
Oak National Academy Learning Resources: https://www.thenational.academy/
BBC Bitesize: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary
Summer Reading Challenge: https://summerreadingchallenge.org.uk/